Get Involved in Ag Literacy
Thank you for wanting to get involved in helping others learn more about where their food comes from, how farmers and ranchers steward the land, how agriculture is everywhere, and how farmers & ranchers feed the world! These are crucial pieces in creating ag literacy.
Here are some ideas of where to start:
- Volunteer – in a school, summer camp, fair, or after school program. Use any of our ag literacy resources like My American Farm, Food and Science Day Camp, or pick an accurate ag book to help make your volunteering smooth and effective. You can watch our tips and tricks video for volunteers here.
- Tell your story – Blog, post, tweet! Share information with the others who may not have a farm background so they can understand everything you’re doing on the farm.
- Promote Ag Literacy – Help spread the word about ag literacy & the Foundation’s resources by talking to teachers, volunteers, posting about them online or setting up barn banners at a fair.
- Become a Foundation Outreach Team Member! Find out more here.
- Contact your local Farm Bureau or Ag in the Classroom to see if they have any volunteering opportunities like an Ag Literacy Week.
- Stay connected – Sign up for our Enewsletter for the latest information on programs.
- Make a donation – Your support is crucial. Your gifts help make all of our ag literacy efforts possible.
Get even more ideas!