Christina Sue Lilja Resource Grants
Applications for 2021 are open!
Purpose: To provide funds for educators to purchase ag literacy resources from the Ag Foundation store.
Christina Sue Lilja Resource Grants (formerly known as White-Reinhardt Resource Grants) are made possible by the CSL Foundation.
The CSL Foundation was established to carry on late AFBFA director Christy Lilja's beliefs of helping others in need and to continue to advocate for educating K-12 teachers and students about the importance of agriculture.
The purpose of these grants is to provide funds to educators to enable them to purchase accurate agricultural literacy materials from the AFBFA store for use in their classrooms. By providing this grant, AFBFA hopes to help students gain access to more accurate information about agriculture.
Eligibility: All educators may apply.
- Applications are due June 30, 2021.
- All applicants will receive notification by July 16, 2021.
- 50 educators will win $100 store credits.
- If more than 50 educators apply for these grants, eligible educators will be randomly selected to receive the grants.
- Grantees will be issued a $100 credit to the AFBFA store. This credit may only be used on AFBFA resource items. A list will be provided of unacceptable purchases. We expect the purchases to be made within 30 days of receiving the grant. If the grant is not used within this period, AFBFA reserves the right to revoke the grant, and make the grant available to someone else. Receipt must be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org within 7 days of purchase.
- Following purchase, grantees are required to send a copy of their order receipt to email@example.com so that we may confirm that the funds have been properly spent.
- Since much of our funding comes from individual donors, grantees will be asked to write a thank you note to a donor explaining how they plan to use the purchased materials. Notes should be submitted no later than 1 month after purchase has been made.
- Grantees will be asked, but not required, to take a picture of themselves or their students using the materials and send it to AFBFA. NOTE: If students are in photos a photo release form must be signed by a guardian of each student.