Pizza is the world's most popular food. That is why it is the perfect vehicle to engage students in a discussion about where their food comes from, and the Pizza Ag Mag is a great way to do just that!
The ag mag is made up of nonfiction text that is aligned to learning standards, see the bottom of this article for a list of standards.
Topics covered in the new Pizza Ag Mag include:
Who's Eating Pizza? - a look at America's favorite food
Get a Rise out of Yeast- the science behind yeast
A Slice of History - Pizza's history
Tasty Toppings- an exploration of the agricultural origins of our favorite toppings
Toppings from Around the World
Suggested activities including: Pizza probability, fabulous fractions, and more!
Pizza for Life! A career corner
Get a classroom set of 30 ag mags for just $5.00!
Teaching Spanish? Know a Spanish teacher? We also offer the Pizza Ag Mag in Spanish for $5.50!
- Career Development, National Career Development Association
- k-6 3.0 Helping Pupils understand career applications of subject matter
- Common Core English
- Reading Standards: Foundational Skills, Phonics and word recognition 3.0
- Next Generation Science Standards Disciplinary Core Ideas
- 3,4,5-Ls1 From Molecules to Organisms
- 5-PS3.D Energy in Chemical Processes and Everyday Life
- Social Science, National Council for Social Studies
- NSS-GK-12.1 The world in spatial terms
- NSS.G.K-12.2 Places and regions