Full of Beans Educator Resource Grants
Applications are closed. Notifications will be sent by August 28.
Educator Resource Grant Application Guidelines
Purpose: The purpose of these grants is to provide educator packs that include 1 copy of the Book of the Year: FULL OF BEANS, 1 copy of the accompanying educator guide, and 1 set of 30 Soybeans ag mags for educational use. By providing this grant, AFBFA and Ford Motor Company hope to help educators teach young learners with more accurate information about agriculture.
Eligibility: All educators may apply. Note: FULL OF BEANS is best suited for grades 3-5th.
- Applications are due by midnight on August 24th
- All applicants will receive notification by August 28th
- 285 teachers will receive the educator packs
- If more than 285 educators apply for these grants, educators will be randomly selected to receive the grants.
- Grantees will be mailed the materials to the address provided on their application
- Since the funding came from a generous donor, Ford Motor Company, grantees will be asked to write a thank you note explaining how they plan to use the purchased materials. Notes should be submitted no later than 1 month after purchase has been made.
- Grantees will be asked, but not required, to take a picture of themselves or their students using the materials and send it to AFBFA. NOTE: If students are in photos a photo release form must be signed by a guardian of each student.
- We know that due to the COVID-19 pandemic, many schools may be operating remotely this fall. The book's publisher allows for read aloud video recordings. You must state you are reading with permission from Boyds Mills & Kane at the beginning of the video. Please post your video on a closed platform (e.g. through a password-protected school platform or a private Youtube channel accessible only by students/educators). For full guidelines visit here.
These educator resource grants are made possible by a generous sponsorship from Ford Motor Company.