How to Grow a Monster Resource Grants
Educator Resource Grant Application Guidelines
Purpose: The purpose of these grants is to provide educator packs that include 1 copy of the Book of the Year: How to Grow a Monster, 1 copy of the accompanying educator guide, and 1 set of 30 School Garden ag mags for educational use. By providing this grant, AFBFA and Nationwide hope to help educators teach young learners with more accurate information about agriculture.
Eligibility: All U.S. educators may apply. Note: How to Grow a Monster is best suited for grades K-3.
- Applications are due by midnight on February 28th.
- All applicants will receive notification by March 4th.
- 300 teachers will receive the educator packs.
- If more than 300 educators apply for these grants, educators will be randomly selected to receive the grants.
- Grantees will be mailed the materials to the address provided on their application.
- Since the funding came from a generous donor, Nationwide Insurance, grantees will be asked to write a thank you note explaining how they plan to use the purchased materials. Notes should be submitted no later than 1 month after purchase has been made.
- Grantees will be asked, but not required, to take a picture of themselves or their students using the materials and send it to AFBFA. NOTE: If students are in photos a photo release form must be signed by a guardian of each student.
These educator resource grants are made possible by a generous sponsorship from Nationwide Insurance.