Showing results for filter: Lesson
1. Learners will understand the role and responsibilities of an auctioneer.
2. Learners will experience how an auction works.
3. Learners will learn about people involved in auctions: bidders, buyers, sellers, and attendees.
• CCSS.MATH.CONTENT.6.NS.C.7. Understand ordering and absolute value of rational numbers.
• CCSS.ELA-LITERACY.SL.6-8.1. Pose and respond to specific questions with elaboration and detail by making comments that contribute to the topic, text, or issue under discussion.
• CCSS.ELA-LITERACY.SL.6-8.6. Adapt speech to a variety of contexts and tasks, demonstrating command of formal English when indicated or appropriate.
Welcome to the In the Parlor with Dairy Farmers virtual tour! Today, we’ll be expanding on what we learned while reading the Dairy Ag Mag. You’ll get to explore dairy farms with some dairy farmers as your personal tour guides!
This lesson plan series has been developed with the middle-school educator in mind. The three selected books are appropriate for middle-school readers, and the content lends to important discussion about issues relevant to young learners. The resources reinforce an accurate image of the agricultural industry, as determined by the American Farm Bureau Foundation for Agriculture (AFBFA), while inviting students to explore important concepts related to personal growth. Regardless of your primary subject area, you have an opportunity to support learning with these fun, relevant resources.
This resource was designed to engage middle school students in discovery and exploration of topics related to agriculture and natural resources. Inside you’ll find six engaging lessons; each made up of a teacher’s guide, background information for the student and student engagement sheets.
“Bringing Biotechnology to Life” is a resource for science educators and others interested in learning more about biotechnology and its role in food production. This unit of instruction addresses national learning standards for 7th–10th grade, yet the interest level may be much broader.
This series of lesson plans was authored by North Carolina teachers after their experience in the Syngenta Summer Fellowship program. The Fellowship is a 10-day experience that immerses STEM teachers into the world of agricultural biotechnology. The program is an interactive experience that explores the process of developing a biotech product from discovery to commercialization, including tours of labs, field visits and meeting with lobbyists to understand agriculture policy.