Showing results for filter: In Class Activity
These Problem-Based Learning methods will engage students in the science of water and food production. Best for 6-8th grade students. Questions include:
- Why do we need water?
- Where does water come from?
- Is all water the same?
- How can we responsibly use water?
- How can I be involved with water?
Download for free here!
Agriculture Fast Match is a card game consisting of 57 cards, each decorated with 8 agriculture images. There are 57 different agriculture images in total. One—and only one—matching image exists between any two cards. Get ready to Fast Match! This card game is fun for the whole family.
With more than 250 questions and 46 front and back playing cards, the new Food and Farm Facts trivia card set brings a popular game element to important national agricultural statistics. In a classroom or living room, these cards will test your knowledge about production, sustainability and nutrition! Cards are aligned to the 2019 “Food and Farm Facts”. Best for middle school and high school learners.
Henry Ford made cars. Millions of cars. But this story isn't about cars. Well...maybe just one. It's about one car and a lot of beans. "Full of Beans" inspires readers of all ages to think innovatively- even to build a car completely made of soybeans. This bundle includes:
1 copy of the Full of Beans book
1 copy of the Full of Beans educator’s guide
1 classroom pack of the Soybean Ag mag
1. Learners will understand the role and responsibilities of an auctioneer.
2. Learners will experience how an auction works.
3. Learners will learn about people involved in auctions: bidders, buyers, sellers, and attendees.
• CCSS.MATH.CONTENT.6.NS.C.7. Understand ordering and absolute value of rational numbers.
• CCSS.ELA-LITERACY.SL.6-8.1. Pose and respond to specific questions with elaboration and detail by making comments that contribute to the topic, text, or issue under discussion.
• CCSS.ELA-LITERACY.SL.6-8.6. Adapt speech to a variety of contexts and tasks, demonstrating command of formal English when indicated or appropriate.
This guide was developed for teachers and volunteers to accompany the book Tales of the Dairy Godmother, Chuck’s Ice Cream Wish. The book is a great way to introduce young readers to where their food comes from! These 8 lessons cover literacy, science and math in a fun way. Best for 5-8 year old learners.
In this Ag Mag Mix Set you will receive one copy of each of the following:
Apple, Beef, Energy, Entomology, Forestry, Snacks, Plant breeding, Specialty Crop, Cotton, Wheat, Sheep, Poultry, Pizza, Careers, Innovations, Bees, Corn, Soybeans, Dairy, Food Waste, Natural Resources, Pork, and School Garden