Showing results for filter: Free
This guide was developed to accompany the book, Hero for the Hungry: The Life and Work of Norman Borlaug. Hero for the Hungry is a moving and informative biography of the 20th-century American agriculture scientist whose innovations in crop varieties founded the Green Revolution and fed hundreds of millions of people around the world.
There are 13 lessons for grades 6-10.
The My Little Ag Me book "The Vibrant Variety" explores the careers of ag journalist, produce buyer and plant scientist. We've created an online learning module to accompany the book and take learning further!
This free resource is best for 3rd through 5th grade learners and includes:
- Journal prompts for extended learning
- Chapter read alouds
- and much more!
Discover how science has shaped the way we farm in these fun activities. Explore regenerative agriculture, soil, animal welfare and more! This activity book was a special project brought to you by The American Farm Bureau Foundation for Agriculture (AFBFA) and made possible through generous support of sponsor, Danone North America.
This My American Farm game was funded by Nichino America.Turn fiber into fashion in this amazing amusement! Harvest a bumper crop of fun as you learn how farmers cultivate cotton to make classic couture. Grow your mind and build your wardrobe in this two-part game.
This book is the Spaish language version of "The Prized Pumpkin" and it is part of the My Little Ag Me book series from My American Farm and Feeding Minds Press. The idea behind the stories is to create curiosity around the highlighted careers and thought processes professionals use to complete their work. This book explores the careers of crop production.
The My Little Ag Me Book Series is designed to introduce agricultural careers to youth. Our hope is the stories create curiosity around the highlighted careers and thought processes professionals and hobbyists use to complete their work. This online read along module offers "The Prized Pumpkin" story in two languages along with additional learning opportunities.
This booklet explores ag-related careers and is part of the My Little Ag Me book series from My American Farm and Feeding Minds Press. The idea behind the stories is to create curiosity around the highlighted careers and thought processes professionals use to complete their work. This book explores the careers of crop production.
These Problem-Based Learning methods will engage students in the science of water and food production. Best for 6-8th grade students. Questions include:
- Why do we need water?
- Where does water come from?
- Is all water the same?
- How can we responsibly use water?
- How can I be involved with water?
Download for free here!
1. Learners will understand the role and responsibilities of an auctioneer.
2. Learners will experience how an auction works.
3. Learners will learn about people involved in auctions: bidders, buyers, sellers, and attendees.
• CCSS.MATH.CONTENT.6.NS.C.7. Understand ordering and absolute value of rational numbers.
• CCSS.ELA-LITERACY.SL.6-8.1. Pose and respond to specific questions with elaboration and detail by making comments that contribute to the topic, text, or issue under discussion.
• CCSS.ELA-LITERACY.SL.6-8.6. Adapt speech to a variety of contexts and tasks, demonstrating command of formal English when indicated or appropriate.
Welcome to the In the Parlor with Dairy Farmers virtual tour! Today, we’ll be expanding on what we learned while reading the Dairy Ag Mag. You’ll get to explore dairy farms with some dairy farmers as your personal tour guides!