Showing results for filter: Ag & Economy
The 2021 Food and Farm Facts series features interesting and educational facts about food in America - how and where it is grown, and who produces it. Color photographs and USA Today-style graphics illustrate the many fascinating facets of today’s agriculture. The series includes a 33-page book with map insert.
This booklet explores ag-related careers and is part of the My Little Ag Me book series from My American Farm and Feeding Minds Press. The idea behind the stories is to create curiosity around the highlighted careers and thought processes professionals use to complete their work. This book explores the careers of plant scientist and ag journalist. You can also download for free here: http://myamericanfarm.org/classroom/ecomics/books
President Lincoln cleared a path to better farming, improved transportation, accessible education, and most importantly, freedom. Author Peggy Thomas uncovers Abraham Lincoln's passion for agriculture and his country while illustrator Stacy Innerst cleverly provides a clear look as President Lincoln strives for positive change.
1. Learners will understand the role and responsibilities of an auctioneer.
2. Learners will experience how an auction works.
3. Learners will learn about people involved in auctions: bidders, buyers, sellers, and attendees.
• CCSS.MATH.CONTENT.6.NS.C.7. Understand ordering and absolute value of rational numbers.
• CCSS.ELA-LITERACY.SL.6-8.1. Pose and respond to specific questions with elaboration and detail by making comments that contribute to the topic, text, or issue under discussion.
• CCSS.ELA-LITERACY.SL.6-8.6. Adapt speech to a variety of contexts and tasks, demonstrating command of formal English when indicated or appropriate.