Effective Date: 8/18/20
American Farm Bureau Foundation for Agriculture (“AFBFA”) values individual privacy and we want to describe how we collect, use, and share the information of visitors to our AgFoundation.org website (“Site”).
Types of Information We Collect
When visiting our Site, you may voluntarily provide information about yourself, including your name, address, phone number, email address, donation preferences, payment card information, and any other information you choose to provide. We collect this information when you submit an inquiry or request through our Site, register to receive our mailing list, or make a donation.
How We Use Information
We may use information about you for any lawful purpose, including the following:
• To respond to your inquiries;
• To send updates or notices about our organization;
• To contact you about issues we believe to be of interest to you;
• To operate and improve our services, including to provide better services, products, and opportunities to visitors to our Site;
• To operate, personalize, and improve the Site, including for analytics purposes;
• To analyze trends and gather broad demographic information;
• To comply with law enforcement and to maintain the security of our Site; or
• With your consent, or as otherwise disclosed at the time information is collected.
How We Share Information
We will not share information you voluntarily provide about yourself with anyone outside AFBFA and its affiliated companies other than:
• Where required by law or to comply with valid legal process (such as a search warrant, subpoena or court order), or to protect our rights or the rights of third parties;
• In the event of a transfer of either control of AFBFA or substantially all of its assets, including as part of a bankruptcy proceeding;
• During emergencies when safety is at risk; or
• With your consent or as otherwise disclosed at the time of data collection or sharing.
We may share all other information we collect in the ways noted above as well as with other parties, including:
• Third party vendors who process data on our behalf, such as email service providers and donor management software providers; or
• Our affiliated entities and companies.
We may also share information that has been de-identified or aggregated without restriction.
We may work with third parties that collect data about your use of the Site and other sites or apps over time for non-advertising purposes. AFBFA uses Google Analytics and other third-party services to improve the performance of the Site and for analytics and marketing purposes. For more information about how Google Analytics collects and uses data when you use our Site, visit www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners, and to opt out of Google Analytics, visit tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
Third Party Links and Tools
The Site may also include integrated social media tools or “plug-ins,” such as social networking tools offered by third parties. If you use these tools to share personal information or you otherwise interact with these features on the Site, those companies may collect information about you and may use and share such information in accordance with your account settings, including by sharing such information with the general public. Your interactions with third-party companies and your use of their features are governed by the privacy policies of the companies that provide those features. We encourage you to carefully read the privacy policies of any accounts you create and use.
Our Site is not directed towards children and AFBFA does not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 16. If a parent or guardian becomes aware that his or her child has provided us with personal information, he or she should contact us at (800) 443-8456. If AFBFA obtains knowledge that it has personal information about a child under 16 in retrievable form, AFBFA will immediately destroy that information, and delete that information from its files.
If you have submitted information through this Site and would like to access such information or to have that information corrected, please contact us at email@example.com, or call us at (800) 443-8456.
To opt out of email marketing, you can use the link provided at the bottom of each marketing message.
If our information practices change, we will post these changes on this page. We encourage you visit this page periodically to learn of any updates.
Comments and Questions