Research and Public Presentation
Students will apply knowledge gained from lessons within this unit and utilize the credibility checklist to evaluate information on a relevant issue.
Length: 1 hour
Students will be able to:
- Distinguish between fact and opinion.
- Use a credibility checklist tool to evaluate online media.
- Analyze information gathered or provided and categorize it as fact or opinion.
- Form an opinion on biotechnology, genetic engineering and labeling foods from genetically engineered ingredients using the information gathered.
- Write an essay expressing their opinions using correct form, grammar and spelling.
Next Generation Science Standards Addressed
Disciplinary Core Ideas:
- LS3.A Inheritance of Traits
- LS3.B Variation of Traits
- LS4.B Natural Selection
- Engaging in Argument From Evidence
- Obtaining, Evaluating and Communicating Information
Cause and Effect: Phenomena may have more than one cause, and some cause and effect relationships in systems can only be described using probability.